Monday, May 15, 2006

Monica's 15th Annual Issaquah to Snoqualmie Pass Ride


Monica and I at the Start of the Ride


The plan for this weekend had been to do the SIR 400K but the legs said no when I was commuting home one night last week. My friend Duane also was taking a pass on the 400k and was planning to do a pass ride instead. Here is the ride description:

Ramrod/Rapsody Training - Monica's 15th Annual Issaquah to Snoqualmie Pass Ride
A great Ramrod and Rapsody training ride. We'll take the scenic and hilly back roads of Issaquah to Snoqualmie Falls and North Bend. Snack break in North Bend before we start the real hills to Snoqualmie Pass. We'll stay off I-90 as much as possible, including a possible scenic trip up Denny Creek (assuming the snow has melted), which will be the last 6 miles before you reach the Pass. Lunch stop on top at the Pass. Expect 4,800 to 5,000 feet of climbing on this route. There are no services on this ride, so be prepared to be self-sufficient.

Denny Creek was not open so we spent more time on I-90 then we would doing this ride later in the season - but there were some nice side roads and the new connection from Issaquah to I-90 is really nice. Coming down the pass we faced some tough headwinds and a few climbs - by the end of the ride my legs were shot. Duane and I headed to XXX Rootbeer a landmark in Issaquah for some suberb Rootbeer floats as a reward.


Sunscreen would have been a good idea

No comments: